Posted Friday, May 31st 2013 @ 7am
SUMMER SHORTS STYLES
It’s definitely warm enough now to wear shorts and this season, there are lots of great styles to choose from.
It’s a summer staple! You can dress shorts up or dress them down, depending on where you are going.
Here are some of the most popular shorts styles for the season:
Don’t think denim shorts a la Britney Spears! I’m not talking super short denim shorts that are frayed with the pockets exposed!
- Classic denim short styles are a huge trend for the season.
- We are seeing them in both light and dark washes, cuffed or uncuffed.
- They are easy to dress up or down.
Prints are everywhere this summer and graphic print shorts are a big trend.
- We are seeing them in so many different styles and colors.
- I prefer wearing the busy print with a solid top.
- Look for fun, bright colors and wear them with wedges or cute, flat sandals.
Longer Bermuda style shorts are great because you can wear them for fun or, depending on your office, at work as well.
- These are a popular option for people who don’t necessarily want to expose a lot of leg.
- To make sure you have the right fit, choose a style that hits an inch or two above the knee.
- This style does tend to look better on taller women.
If you do want to show off some more leg than a Bermuda short, there are lots of shorter styles available.
- Create a more conservative look by pairing a pair of shorter shorts with a blazer for a monochromatic mini-suit.
- They also work well at night as an alternative to skirts.
- This style does tend to look better on petite women.
SHORTS FOR GUYS: COLORED SHORTS
Colored shorts are definitely the biggest trend for men.
- Look for shades of red, blue, green and lavender in particular.
- Always choose flat front shorts—stay clear of pleats!
- When choosing the proper length, make sure the shorts hit 1-inch above the knee.
All of the above 'Fashion Friday Summer Shorts Styles' and so many more fabulous fashion choices are available at North Park Center.
And for more fashion updates "like" Victoria's 'Beauty Buzz Book' page on facebook and listen every Friday morning at 8:10 for more 'Fashion Friday with Victoria Snee'.
Follow me on twitter @JaggerMafia